So you're curious about trying Android but are reluctant to let go of your faithful Windows Mobile device? Install Androkkid and you'll get the best of both worlds.
Androkkid is a free app that applies an Android-style user interface to your Pocket PC. Simply install the program and you'll be presented with a whole new way of using your device, mimicking the way Google phone users do.
For starters, the busy Today screen is replaced by an elegant full-screen wallpaper. Clicking the pop-up menu icon at the bottom of the screen will bring up a revamped version of the Applications menu, only this time with a distinct Android flavor. You can scroll up and down the menu very comfortably using your finger or stylus. It makes for a much easier way of browsing apps and documents than the existing WM interface.
The best part of Androkkid though, is the way you can customize the desktop to your liking. You can simply drag and drop icons from the Applications menu onto the desktop. Just like the real Android platform, Androkkid comes with multiple desktop pages, allowing you to place different icons and shortcuts on different pages, then swoosh between them using the touchscreen. There's even an icon editor that allows you to personalize the size, apply animations and change the name of the shortcut icons.
As it's still in the early stages of its release, Androkkid is a little rough around the edges. for instance, many of the icon images are of bad quality where they've been scaled up. Also, some of the options in the program don't work, such as the 'Settings' menu and the 'Add Widget' feature.
It's by no means as polished as the OS it mimics, but Androkkid represents a fun way to enjoy some of the benefits of Android on your Pocket PC.
- Correct problems with Contacts numbers and symbols in number to call
- Changed in Battery Widget "In charging" with "Charging" and update the velocity of Charging
- Saved the last directory used for links, icons etc... and use it when click buttons to choose a file
- Added new Type buttons: Minimize, Go To Home, Go to Next page, Go to Prev Page, Settings, Lock/Unlock pages and Close Androkkid
- Added 2 new widget without the text (Battey and Line operator)
- Added a main menu item to lock/unlock edit for all pages to prevent no needed move of icons/widgets
- Added option to show Androkkid Top Bar with all info about device state
- Added Top bar to show notification and device state (I hope all infos work, now i dont have a device to debug Androkkid and only use Emulator)
- Now you can create your theme with your icons for top bar (TopBarIcons.png)